Do you find that dark, irregular spots or patches have begun to appear on your face? If so, you may be suffering from Melasma. Also known as Chloasma faciei, this condition is found in men and women of all ages, but it is most common in pregnant women.
Melasma is a form of hyperpigmentation on the face that is most commonly found in women. It is believed to be related to hormonal changes and can be stimulated by light and heat. Treatments for Melasma should be addressed differently from general sun damage and/or pigmentation.
Common treatments for Melasma include topical bleaching products, retinals, vitamin C serums, daily sun protection, chemical peels, and fractional lasers. Avoid Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatments as light can intensify the Melasma. We love treating our patients with VIVA which provides both nano-ablation and radio frequency. The good news is that Melasma treatment options are available.
If you’re suffering from Melasma, and live in the Ladera Ranch area, you may be wondering about your Melasma treatment options. At skinMEDx Medical Skin & Aesthetic Center, we offer a number of different options, including:
- Retinol Treatments. A retinol (vitamin A1) treatment is a topical treatment option that boosts skin renewal, helping reduce hyperpigmentation caused by Melasma.
- Brightening Pads. Our Melasma treatment options for Ladera Ranch-area residents include brightening pads that relieve dark spots and discoloration.
- Venus Viva™. The Venus Viva™ treatment system activates your skin’s fibroblasts and encourages collagen rebuilding to heal skin.
- Hyperpigmentation Peels. Our chemical peels exfoliate your skin to reduce hyperpigmentation issues, including those caused by Melasma.
- IPL Treatment. Though rarely the ideal choice for Melasma treatment, Intense Pulsed Light treatment can improve Melasma in select cases.
To book your Melasma treatment consultation at our Ladera Ranch office, simply give us a call or book your appointment online.